Green Policy Statement
Awarded the prestigious Charles Pankow Award for innovation by the Civil Engineering Research Foundation, Earth Friendly Chemicals is a leader in the environmentally safe revolution with our advanced, cutting-edge products. We have stayed committed to the critical areas of product advancement, design and delivery, which have established us as a market forerunner.
Our products are the hallmark of innovative thinking brought to life by people committed to maintaining performance levels at their highest while keeping our ecosystem safe. We recognize our products have a direct effect on the local and regional environment. In that spirit, we continually strive to bring green thinking and actions to our community.
Our green policy requires us to constantly look for ways to improve our green credentials. We are achieving this by forming a steering group to explore ways to achieve our statements’ promises, and to combine our ideals with other eco-friendly organizations.
As a green company providing environmentally responsible products, we continually strive to reevaluate and look to improve our green policies and practices; encourage environmentally responsible practices that yield a minimal impact upon our environment locally and globally.
Our office environment policy and practice is paralleled with our green policy wherein we make every effort to achieve the highest codes of practice on waste management and environment protection.
- Waste minimization and management
•Optimizing opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle products and goods
• Reevaluate products destined for the trashcan
- Encourage our staff to be responsible, corporate green activists
•Optimize energies and use water sparingly
• Consider environmental impacts in our purchasing
• Endeavor to work with partner organizations that share our green values
• Reduce the need for transport thereby reducing carbon impact on the environment
- We reuse or recycle our incoming packaging materials (cardboard, polystyrene/cereal based beads, shredded paper, air bags, etc.).
•We minimize our use of paper. Our product information, job vacancies and key information about our company and products are readily available on the internet. The increasing use of email greatly reduces the amount of paper used in hard-copy correspondence, envelopes and letters. Processing information electronically is also much more energy and carbon-efficient than physically sending hard copies.
• We have installed multi-functional devices (for faxing, printing and photocopying) to reduce energy and paper usage.
• We only purchase paper that is FSC accredited paper.
• We supply recycle bins for our office paper.
• Our consumption of fuel and energy is closely monitored to assure that it is not wasted through inefficiency or carelessness. For example, we use signage to remind staff to turn off lights when leaving a room, and ask staff to use computers responsibly (i.e., turning them off at night and using the stand-by mode during the day).
• We recycle our old computers and will continue to do so throughout the IT replacement strategy.
• We recycle mobile phones and printer cartridges.
• We recycle the fluorescent light tubes used in the office.
• We have reduced the amount of our landfill waste by recycling waste material, either in-house or through working in conjunction with others who are able to use the material constructively.
• We are ensuring that any new building/refurbishment plans adhere to current environmental standards and energy conservation requirements.
- Encourage staff and visitors to recycle bottles, plastics and aluminum cans by locating recycling bins at strategic points throughout the office.
•Purchase our electricity from suppliers reinvesting in renewable energy sources.
• Where possible, choose to source our materials from suppliers who operate in an environmentally friendly manner, and who are geographically local to us to reduce delivery miles.
• Continue to encourage carpooling and use of mass transit.
• Develop conservation projects with partners that will benefit our employees and customers.
• Encourage our business partners to strive for the same high level of environmental care by offering environmental suggestions and free product samples.
• Encourage web links to sites promoting sensible and sustainable attitudes towards the environment, renewable energy, etc.
• Work with local communities to encourage their active participation in environmental projects devised by Eco-partners.
• Encourage the reuse of copy paper before binning it for recycling.
We are truly dedicated to reducing any potential harm caused to the user, as well as to the environment. It is our intention to always operate our business in an environmentally friendly way – rest assured!